My Photo
Name:

Now that's foolish.

    • Lord, this needs updating
    • This too

    Tuesday, January 03, 2006

    Ears and Cats

    Well, I finally got my lobes stretched up to a zero gauge. What a huge pain in the ass. I tried using steel spirals to stretch them at first, but they were way too heavy and actually made my lobes bleed. Took those out. Tried wrapping my twos with teflon tape. That didn't work either. I bought an insertion taper and tried slowly forcing it through a little at a time, but once again, made my ears swell and bleed and didn't really get anywhere. I finally bought some acrylic talons, which I kept in for about two weeks, slowly using them to stretch. They looked ridiculous. With Christmas less than a week away, and not wanting to show up at Ryan's parents' with huge horns sticking out of my ears, I bit the bullet and had Ryan shove in the tunnels using the insertion taper. It stung, but not as bad as my sixes had, and by the next day, the swelling had gone away. I guess they were more ready than I'd realized. I love them now, and I'm PRETTY sure this is the size I'm going to stay at. Pretty sure...

    I haven't been blogging recently because I've been occupied: Ryan and I adopted two cats two months back. I'll post pictures of them soon, but in the meantime, I've entered them in the Kitten Wars. Sasha has won half her battles, while Digweed is doing better, with eight wins and only five losses. Here I thought Sasha was cuter than Digweed...

    2 Comments:

    Blogger sxKitten said...

    Congrats on the ears!

    And the cats - they're adorable. It's taken this long to convince KittenWars to let me see their pictures, but my daughter has spent hours deliberatingly carefully over hundreds of battles.

    3:58 PM  
    Blogger Paul said...

    i had a room-mate who decided the best way to stretch his ears was to use the top from a BIC pen!

    8:07 AM  

    Post a Comment